This is the place that Rock called Mutirong.
This is almost the same place in 1928, when Joseph Rock crossed the river on his way to Mundon, Minya Konka and Kangding from Lijiang
Kham then and now. A photoblog showing how eastern Tibet looked in the 1920s and how the same places and people look now. Based on the explorations of botanist Joseph Rock.